Tuesday, December 22, 2009

essence of bothell.

Dude I love this place. I am so glad to be home. Not just because finals are all over and so forth, I just love Bothell, Washington and the surrounding area. This is part of the reason why I love Bothell:



That is just a random picture I found on google, but that is where I live.

Bothell smells better than Provo. It smells infinitely better. It is a fresh, moist, green smell. Provo smells dry and dead. Not that I am trying to bash on Provo. I'm not. I'm just saying it how it is.

I got back to Bothell on Friday and it's rained every day since then. I love it. I love rain, and I love overcast weather. I've missed it so much. I lived in England until I was four and then Washington until I was eighteen. They're pretty much the same climate. They're both green. Washington's green is novel and wild. England's green is ancient and wise. They're both great.

I had to finish a final though. I couldn't just leave school in Provo, it followed me to Bothell and I had to finish my Humanities final. I finished it just in time Saturday night though, and even though I felt my "museum exhibition" was put together in a rather slapdash and haphazard manner, my score was ninety-five out of one hundred. This pleases me, and now I can just relax.

Yesterday I went running in the morning rain and had a transcendental experience. I was pretty much this dude:



Except that I wasn't on a rocky promontory or dressed up fancy or with a cane, and it was raining that Washington mist that is so lovely. But I was pretty much like that dude.

I'm just gonna settle into Bothell happiness and enjoy my Christmas. The whole topic of "how cool my house looks at Christmas" I'll have to save for another blog post, but Christmas is bomb at my house. I am taking advantage of this opportunity to read a ton. See I didn't bring the video games home 1) because my brother Jeff won't be home, so it won't really be worth it and 2) instead of wasting my time playing guitar hero and what-not, I can READ MY FACE OFF because I won't be tempted. So I'm kicking it off by reading The Hero and The Crown by Robin McKinley which I probably read fifteen years ago. I will finish it today and then read tons of other good stuff. Like Narnia maybe? That would be delightfully Christmasy.

Dang the sun came out. Well, time for me to eat some Red Baron, baby.

6 comments:

  1. Dude, you are that guy. You're him. Hero and the Crown sound like a nice choice. As for me, it's No Country for Old Men, because it's happy:)

    Your post has got me all excited for Washington; I'm heading for the peninsula on the 27th and will be there the rest of the break. Can't wait for that Washington goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. I feel like I really need to explore more of washington than I have.
    Also I love the fact that you use words like slapdash and transcendental within sentences of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture too! I'm glad your project went over okay. Good job!

    I wish I were in Washington :( It weirds me out how much it really doesn't smell like anything in Provo, especially when it snows. There is no smell. It's smell-less. Weird. You'd think it would smell like something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the essence of the Pac NW was listening to Nirvana and being depressed? I've been wrong before, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was the essence in the early nineties. I'm trying to turn it around, see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bothell sounds (or maybe reads?) delicious. crazy delicious.

    ReplyDelete