I cannot get "Bed intruder song" out of my head, for the main reason that I downloaded it on iTunes and am, in fact, listening to it on repeat this very moment. I think it's indicative of the general absurdity of my life right now.
This semester has been my worst in terms of academic apathy coupled with a high guilt threshold for not being on top of everything. To top that, my body has been requiring insane amounts of sleep from me, and often it feels as if I'm forsaking my lover whenever I make myself get out of bed. It's dang hard.
There are all sorts of medical conditions that are connected with sleeping too much/not being able to get out of bed. The ones I can think of are depression/mono. I don't really feel like I'm afflicted with either. I do blame the following two events for perhaps adding to my general exhaustion:
- Two weekends ago I climbed Timpanogos at night and missed a night's sleep;
- And last weekend I ran the Red Rock Relay, which meant another missed night of sleep and tons of physical exertion.
Now I am sitting, reverting to the traditional mode of procrastination: blogging. There are two little papers that I would like to have written by 1:15, and it's 11:30 right now. My chances of success? Bad. Especially at the rate I'm going at right now. I also just read some quote that was like "Procrastination equals regression and loss of future height." But whatevs, Ima try to get it done as soon as I click that little "PUBLISH POST" button.
I also wish that I could focus on my school work that I need to be doing right now, and not thinking about an internship next summer in Latvia or Kyrgyzstan... or DC, maybe... basically I can't wait to get on another airplane across the Atlantic... good thing I got the FLAS.
So you can run and tell that, homeboy.
the phrase "snatchin yo people up" has been incorporated in my everyday speech. "Fo real"
ReplyDeleteyou should wait to go to dc when I live there. just sayin. and if you're in europe next summer we should meet up (insert crossed fingers here)
ReplyDeleteIt was on my facebook page, because we are friends now. (The one about procrastination.) Also, I feel your pain.
ReplyDelete