So what if I've had a crappy semester. The main problem this semester has been sleep. Getting out of bed has been a trial. A massive trial.
That's just the beginning, too. I've lacked motivation, desire, drive, whatever you want to call it. Somehow I've managed to procrastinate myself into a uniquely terrible situation.
BUT I'm trying to look on the bright side and salvage what I can from this mess. It is not, in a lot of ways, as bad as last semester. Of course I'm still struggling with the age-old problem of falling asleep when I should be cramming. That's why I just left the library, where I was slowly sinking lower and lower into the cushy chair I was in and popping one sleep-inducing skittle after another into my mouth. (Ps sugar completely knocks me out. I don't know why people think that sugar gives you a "rush"; for me it just hits me on the head with a hammer and leaves me unconscious on the floor.) That's also why I'm blogging. I'm hoping that this activity will force my mind awake rather than drag me down.
I need to study for my Enlightenment test. So I'm gonna do it.
But before I do, I have to say this:
I don't know how to do a good research paper. I suppose I know how to write a bad one. But I honestly think that I just don't know how I'm supposed to write a good research paper. Coming up with a research question is honestly beyond me. Let's hope it's actually not beyond me, but either I'm really just not good at thinking that way, I just don't know how to do it, or I've seriously gotten out of the the academic groove this semester enough so that trying to just come up with a research question has proven to be agonizing and demoralizing.
(p.s. I have three research papers I'm supposed to be writing this semester.)
BUT I'm going to put this picture here to show that I'm thinking about fun and better things, like hiking in Arctic Russia, adventures, and friends. And to prove that I'm trying to be an optimist despite how lazy I've been up till now. (I did just fall asleep and sleep for like an hour though. Not good. I'll have to take this test without really studying. Kinda scary.)
hang in there matters. you can do this! time to take one for team Matt
ReplyDelete