Monday, May 24, 2010

what moscow looks like.

So.  I actually started this blog post literally days ago, but was prevented in finishing for a bunch of reasons.  And now I will just post it in a hurry to get things going.   The part that I wrote a few days ago:

"So Russian is a difficult language, but I am doing okay.  There are ups and downs-- like, the downs in class when the teacher criticizes every tiny mistake, which of course makes me make more mistakes, and then the ups when I get home and have like an hour and a half conversation with my landlady and her daughter with me contributing actually a fair amount.

Today has been fun, though.  It's not over yet, I still have to go participate in a round table discussion (luckily in English) with some Russian students."

Yeah well several days have passed since then and I have done a whole bunch of stuff.  But I just want to get a blog post going, so here are some pictures and then I'm pressing the publish button.

The Moscow skyline from my apartment.


Our not so large kitchen.

You know who this is.

My room.

The huge monument to the Russian navy with Peter the Great.

Moscow River.

The classic rug on the wall interior decorating

Stalin is missing his nose.

4 comments:

  1. yay! this is so cool. thanks for posting matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a close-up of the kitchen wall paper. I might have to build a life-size replica in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Moscow looks like Berlin - the apartment skylines, trees, and humble kitchens - makes me wanna visit Moscow even more. I understand your language-learning pain. Also, I love living with a host family, except when the son eats your food without asking - that blows. Keep it real, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a lot like Bulgaria. It seems like you are having fun. So, what are you doing there?

    ReplyDelete