So yesterday was kinda tough. Two nights ago I had the choice of staying up late to finish an essay and going to bed and doing it in the morning. Any other time in my life I wouldn't have even considered the latter option, but I took it this time and actually managed to get the essay done before my class. I was encouraged by this but I still got hit by a sleep attack while trying to study for my Enlightenment midterm that threatened to kick my butt.
But I made a decision later on to not worry about the midterm because I would just do the best I could and then make it up the rest of the semester. And so as I sat studying for the last few minutes before I went to the testing center, I listed to Nacho give me a pep talk:
"Tonight... I will fight de seven strongest men in town... maybe the world. And I will ween... because our Heavenly Father will be in the ring with me. And He and I will win 10,000 pesos! And with it... (pant...) I will buy the orphans... (pant...) a beeg bus... to go on fields trips to parks and places like that! I'm serious!"
And then I listened to this song as I walked to the testing center:
And then I won.
p.s.- Jon you're totally right. Talking about movies like that was totally uncalled for. I don't even really watch movies often enough for them to be a real distraction for me, either.
You won!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Matt, sorry if I came across rather aggressive or accusatory; that wasn't the intent. But thanks for the PS. And more importantly, congratulations! You, my friend, are the Hero of the Day. Now relax and enjoy your long weekend.
ReplyDeletethis was amazing. thank you thank you
ReplyDelete