Wednesday, November 18, 2009

sleep problems.

So does anyone have any fool-proof way of getting out of bed when they want to in the morning? Because so far all my ways are definitely not this-fool (me) proof. I have Humanities 202 Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 10 o'clock AM. I have Pearl of Great Price Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 o'clock AM. Yesterday, a Tuesday, I staggered out of my room a little after 10 o'clock and just stared at my roommate. He looked at me and muttering something about how shouldn't I be in class right now. Yes. I should be in class right now. Gosh dang it.

This morning--same story. I woke up with every alarm I set. And I set three. But somehow it didn't register with me that I really, actually, needed to get up. Thus I missed Humanities today. I felt guilty. I even felt so guilty as to email my teacher and apologize for the chronic tardiness that I'm guilty of and for just straight up missing today.

This is not new. This is not a recent phenomenon. It all started when in the first grade I had to get up at like 7:30 to be to school by 8:30. Or something like that. Kindergarten was great because I had the afternoon schedule. You know, half the kindergartners went to school in the morning, the other half went in at around noon. Noon was perfect for me. I could reasonably handle that situation. First grade was a trial and it's gotten successively harder over the years.

I want to change my life for the better and get my trash out of bed. Please help me. Please. Any tips? On how to get out of bed? Help.

2 comments:

  1. Matt, I would suggest going to be early. I know it seems like a silly answer but really. I know you. You NEED sleep or you won't function. Try going to be at like 9:30 or something for a while and catch up on your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could hide your alarm clock every night so you have to find it each morning as it is going off???
    p.s. when do you go home for Thanksgiving? Do i get to see you before then? i hope so. love to you!

    ReplyDelete