
This is apparently the first hardback cover of Olive Kitteridge, our current Pulitzer prize-winning book club book. Our cover is yellow and shows the Maine coastline. Or probably just some coastline somewhere. It's not a traditional novel in the sense that it's composed of something like 13 short stories, all woven together by consistent location and, well, Mrs. Kitteridge. Strangely enough I didn't start at the beginning. I started by reading the second short story. It was pretty captivating. I really can't wait to read the rest of the book.
After book club it was only a matter of time before I attended a thirty-minute dance party. This phenomenon was hosted by none other than: Whitney Bush, and attended by no other than: Christopher Bennion, son of John Bennion. These two facts made it quite the momentous dance party, and I spared no energy in busting moves to do it justice.
I came home from this punctual dance party to find that my roommate's bed and mine had been moved into our other roommates' room. My room has been turned into an "office." This "office" also has a TV in it, which could be possibly disastrous for actually getting work done. Seriously, take a look at this:

No beds, just desks and computers and lamps and so forth. Maybe it'll work out for us. Maybe. We'll see.
wow what a night. i am so sad i missed the dance party. you should read my blog later to see what i was up to... lets dance together sometime soon. my elbow misses yours.
ReplyDelete-Syd
seriously such a great dance party, but it wouldn't have been the same without you and your elbow. we need to slowly get CB to stay a song longer every time and soon enough he'll be there the whole time!
ReplyDeleteBAhaha. Whose idea was this office/bedroom silliness? I need to know....And. Olive. I love that woman already.
ReplyDelete