Friday, April 16, 2010

Epic reading days

Today I should have studied but didn't. Maybe I still can. We'll see.

Yesterday I hiked Squaw Peak with Jon Smith and Marshall. It was epic. And very snowy at the top. Several pictures are in order I think:













I had to leave the boys up there though and run down to meet Whit so that we could work on our group final that was due today. I ran down the mountain in about forty-five minutes-- and I only biffed it once. I was going to post a random video I decided to take of myself running down and ends with me going down in the snow, but it's pretty shaky, and is mostly pretty boring--just my stupid commentary and ragged breathing. I hope I'm not disappointing anyone by not posting it.

So. Other than that I got down without mishap. I ended up playing frisbee later on for a couple hours and was more exhausted at around 11 o'clock last night than I've been in a loooong time.

Wednesday night I had another reading day adventure. Me and Beck (well, mostly Becky) decided that we should pretend like it's summer and go into the mountains. After a few dead ends in Provo Canyon we decided to just go up to Aspen Grove and the Timp trail-head. We were expecting mountain air and trees. I suppose we found those things, but we also found a couple of crazy people blasting, I mean blasting techno music from their car and dancing in the pitch-black parking lot.

A little unexpected, I guess... but hey. Reading day. Who am I to judge?

2 comments:

  1. well done on the snow-tromping, sir. my favorite kind of hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the video of the biff?? Come on.

    ReplyDelete