Burned-out. Or is it burnt-out? Imma check with the OED.
...............
Oh it's definitely burnt-out.
"extinct after entire consumption of the fuel; sometimes fig."
Oh, only sometimes "fig."? Well. I figure that probs it could be applied both ways to me.
I did two all-nighters this past week and slept on my real bed last night for the first time since Tuesday night. That's right. I spent a week either in chairs, on couches, straight-up on the floor or at least on my camping pad.
I'm not really "extinct after entire consumption of the fuel." But I sure did consume a heck of a lot of fuel this past week. And I don't mean in like the taking it in way, I mean in like the throwing it all in the fire and watching it burn and disappear way. Coke and peanuts is not a good source of fuel, I promise you, even if it was necessary.
I really don't know where I'm going with this. Really I should say that once again, my opinion that the week right before finals week is way worse than finals week itself was validated. All of this erratic sleep-behavior on my part has also aggravated a chronically re-occurring narcolepsy that I've been afflicted with since a lad.
However, short blog posts=better blog posts, in the minds of some interested readers, even though I tend to wax a little longer. Therefore I will probably put an end to this pointless exposition very soon. But basically, put your hands in the air if you:
1. Are tired
2. Are so done with school
3. Have stopped caring about classes/finals
4. Are ready for summer to be here now
5. Filed your taxes just yesterday or today or even tomorrow
6. Are burnt-out before finals week has even begun
7. Start listening to the same songs over and over and over
8. Hate doing your laundry
9. Eat garbage and pretend that it's food
10. Haven't been exercising enough and feel physically ill, under the weather and/or terrible, and unhealthy.
Yee-uh.
One way that things are looking up: I just made this picture my desk-top background. Thanks Tiff for taking this lovely picture at that great place called Blenheim palace.

gotta love being done with school.
ReplyDeletei raised my hands in the a-yer on four counts.
ReplyDelete