So I just realized tonight -- when I was in school, I had so much free time. It just didn't seem like I did, because I always had something that needed to be done. There was always something hanging over my head. I didn't really get to enjoy the immense amount of time that I had, or appreciate it.
Now, it seems like I have so much time to do things because I don't have homework or papers looming, but I actually have very little free time. As it turns out, I do work 40 hours a week, and I do have tons of extracurricular (so to speak) activities that fill up my time. Church callings. The ward musical I'm in that is very time-consuming. Also, I try to exercise regularly. What it all adds up to is just two or three hours a day of "free time."
As it turns out, I'm really busy doing things all the time now that I'm not in school. I have 8 hours to sleep, 8 hours to be at work, and 8 hours to get to work, come home from work, eat dinner, and drive to activities and do them. Those final 8 hours don't seem to stretch very well.
Summary: welcome to real life, where even if you don't have homework, you still end up being incredibly busy.
Now, it seems like I have so much time to do things because I don't have homework or papers looming, but I actually have very little free time. As it turns out, I do work 40 hours a week, and I do have tons of extracurricular (so to speak) activities that fill up my time. Church callings. The ward musical I'm in that is very time-consuming. Also, I try to exercise regularly. What it all adds up to is just two or three hours a day of "free time."
As it turns out, I'm really busy doing things all the time now that I'm not in school. I have 8 hours to sleep, 8 hours to be at work, and 8 hours to get to work, come home from work, eat dinner, and drive to activities and do them. Those final 8 hours don't seem to stretch very well.
Summary: welcome to real life, where even if you don't have homework, you still end up being incredibly busy.
Yes, but having homework looming over you really does suck. And as one who is not busy and hasn't been for the last year and a half, I would definitely choose busy over not. Busy has it's merits, especially when it is mostly productive busy.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. I think overall it's a much healthier life, the Real-life busy. :)
DeleteBusy little bee!
ReplyDeleteTo be a busy student is a hard task, when you don't manage to cook something for yourself can be exhausting. Thus, I created a list of recipes specially for my niece, so that being busy she could remain healthy:
ReplyDeleteRecipes & Ideas for On-Campus Cooking.