Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Efficiency

Working at The College Board, I was lucky enough to have two monitors. While at first I thought it was just an example of corporate excess, I quickly realized how useful it is to be able to see more than one thing at a time.

Now I'm working on a paper where I'm only using online materials, and while flipping back and forth between tabs, pdfs, Word documents, and so forth, I got the idea to split my screen. It's not the same as two monitors, but it actually helps me keep focused on one thing while I write on the document. See?


If only I'd known to do this while still in college. Oh well, I've got the master's ahead of me.

3 comments:

  1. Smart man. I have never tried splitting my screen before, although I agree that having two monitors is addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Matt. I'll probably be calling you sometime to teach me how to split the screen. You make life easier!

    ReplyDelete