The answer is I don't know.
The extremely premature Jeffrey Michael McDonald Jr. is doing okay, though. He's got some of the common problems that afflict premature babies, so he needs a lot of prayers and more than a little bit of pure grace from his Heavenly Father for him to come out on top. I've been thinking about the little guy almost non-stop, worrying over the sight of his 14-inch little body struggling to breathe, filled with tubes and his skin deep red from the blood transfusions that he needs to keep him going. Jeff and Kira are exhausted, and their lives are on hold for the moment as they basically live in the hospital to be there for their 2 pound, 1 ounce son.
But you can bet I'm grateful that Little Jeff is alive and fighting to live.
So again, how am I managing to stay awake and alert enough to work on death essay number three of the week?
Well. Alert, not so much, but awake? Munchies that I can feel making me more and more unhealthy with every swallow. And this:
Thanks, Sufjan. You're the man, even if you have gone a little crazy recently.
Haven't we all.
Or maybe just me.
Oh man, this breaks my heart a little bit. And you should come to my house tonight for a second as a study break and I can make you some sort of not completely disgusting snack.
ReplyDeletegood luck good luck good luck