Monday, May 9, 2011

Hikes

First off, Happy Victory Day in Russia.

Today is a great day for a hike. It's overcast, grey, and the subdued light really brings out the green that's coming in on the mountains and hills. The clouds are low, they're just barely above the Y on Y Mountain, which makes me really want climb up and get inside them. I have this thing about being inside clouds, ever since I was a little kid and my family went to the Zugspitze in Germany. I was three, and remember pretty vividly being inside of a cloud, it was swirling all around us. I learned then that clouds are all nebulous and you can't stand on top of them like in Peter Pan. Yep.

Plus it's a good day for a hike because it's not too hot. Unfortunately I should probably go running instead of hike, because I have an ultimate frisbee intramural game coming up and I need to keep getting in shape so we don't get our butts kicked like last time.

Even a run will have to be kinda short because I need to write this seven to eight page paper for my marriage prep class (no I'm not getting married or even dating anyone). It's due tomorrow, and I've kinda procrastinated it as per usual.

I don't think I'm gonna let the paper stop me from getting inside the clouds, though. I'll start it in a few minutes and then go on a job up to the Y trail head (wish me luck it's pretty dang steep up some of those roads) and then hike up a little past the Y into the canyon between Y Mountain and Maple Mountain. And then jog back down.

I have a story to tell about a hike I went on the other day, but I'll save it for another blog post because I kind of have this goal to not produce overly long posts. It's to give any reader conscientious enough to read my blog a bit of a break. I know how busy I feel like I am (regardless of whether or not I really am busy).

Oh yeah. Still stay tuned for several upcoming posts about:

  • How I ended up here at Campus Plaza.
  • How I went on a foolhardy but manly hike last Saturday.
  • How I was in England two years ago right now and experiencing the realest real life ever.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to be on a cloud.
    Also I miss england like whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your text on Saturday, I really wanna hear about your hike. And if the "realest real life ever" is referring to Sty Head, then I cannot wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete