The real debacle came last week. I had no reason to completely slack off other than I was burned out from the previous week and nothing incredibly urgent was due. Well that's actually a lie, I had a paper for European History due on Tuesday that I finished at 4:30 AM Tuesday morning after going skiing Monday night instead of writing it. But really guys-- I was worthless. I basically spent my time goofing off with my roommates or playing Guitar Hero or the Zelda that I realized that I could download onto the Wii.
There is only one redemptive fact about these past two weeks that makes up for my complete lack of motivation TO DO ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE, and it was that I went to the Provo temple both Tuesday afternoons. This is pretty significant for me, because I actually haven't gone to the temple in a long time. I am really glad that something clicked and I'm back on track with certain spiritual goals that I've set. And I'm going tomorrow, too. Tuesday afternoons is my goal.
But the sad fact of the matter is that I need to somehow give myself a shock from a scholastic defibrillator. School, whether I like it or not, is going to plow me over and keep trudging forward for another month or so. So as soon as I get done with this blog I'm gonna study. Actually probably I won't, I'm gonna try to read The Dead by James Joyce for our little book club meeting on Wednesday. But I will also study. Something. I will make a game plan and get re-railed again. And come back from the this:

Take luck.
p.s. Jon Smith's song of the week "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" has somehow been repeating itself over and over while I've been sitting here. Can't imagine why that might be...
But the sad fact of the matter is that I need to somehow give myself a shock from a scholastic defibrillator. School, whether I like it or not, is going to plow me over and keep trudging forward for another month or so. So as soon as I get done with this blog I'm gonna study. Actually probably I won't, I'm gonna try to read The Dead by James Joyce for our little book club meeting on Wednesday. But I will also study. Something. I will make a game plan and get re-railed again. And come back from the this:

Take luck.
p.s. Jon Smith's song of the week "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" has somehow been repeating itself over and over while I've been sitting here. Can't imagine why that might be...
James Joyce, huh. Take luck, indeed.
ReplyDeleteWell, procrastination and late nights and irresponsibility is all part of it. I say enjoy it.