1. I've been listening to Irish music basically starting Monday this week
2. I read Joyce's "The Dead" Monday night in one sitting. Wow.
3. Began the organization of a movie night this Friday, where we will watch this great movie:
Which is full of dancing little people, a young-ish singing Sean Connery and a banshee.
4. Unfortunately slept through but intended to go to a green St. Patrick's Day Breakfast
5. Wore a green beanie for St. Patrick's Day to show off my Irish pride
6. Went to a St. Patrick's Day luscious dinner with the fam where we ate corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, soda bread, rolls, green jellow, rice pudding, and I ate a lot, I mean a lot of corned beef and cabbage and drank root beer
7. Went to a gnarly book club where we discussed "The Dead" and all gleaned some incredible truths about identity and Ireland
8. Went home and watched "The Secret of Roan Inish" by myself
9. Was and am excited today for Darby O'Gill and The Little People tomorrow with great friends.
10. Am jealous that Sarah, Michelle, Ann Marie, Emily and mom are actually going to Ireland very soon.
Well. I think that's enough listing for now.
I like Ireland. It's in my blood.
I was going to say something intellectual about "The Dead," but I think that I'm just going to comment on the book club blog and help that blog feel a little more justified in its existence.
Happy Ireland week.

That banshee was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. However, watching a)wee King Brian float through a door and then slam into it trying to get out, b)Sean Connery get kiss-attacked, and c)the Irish Cowboy "Pony" get beaten in the face-- MORE than made up for the banshee horror.
ReplyDeleteI love Roan Inish! You've should've invited Brian and me over. Just like old times! haha
ReplyDeleteWho did all the cooking? It sounded like you did the holiday proud. we watched Darby and our collective favorite part was watching Darby's face while Michael boxed Pony's ears in the pub.
ReplyDelete