I hate BYU right now for the following reasons:
1. Two of the classes I wanted to take this semester are actually not being offered.
2. They are also not going to be offered any time in the near future.
3. I have been unable to figure when if ever they will be offered.
4. I may be forced, in the event that I will never be able to take these classes, to take other classes that were the last items on my list of possible ways to fill those requirements.
5. Weird stuff about classes that should double-count appear to not be double-counting is making me mad.
6. A class that I really wanted to take this semester mysteriously was not offered, even though it is listed as being offered "Winter Even Years"-- you tell me if you don't think that Winter 2010 falls under that category. Which means that if I ever want to take this class, my next opportunity would be Winter 2012. Which is basically a century away.
7. BYU expects me to graduate in four years but they space out the possible times for taking the classes I need for my major without thinking practically about whether one can actually take all of them in the space of four years.
8. Why even offer the European Studies Major if it is going to be so ridiculously neglected, bypassed, and disrespected that European Studies students will never in actuality be able to arrange their schedules to fulfill its requirements (which are mostly taken from the history department)?
9. To successfully declare a double-major, one must petition for said double-major.
10. In order to petition for a double-major, one must jump through hoops like a circus animal, swim through heaps of red tape, and encounter all sorts of hassles designed to frustrate the hapless student in his hopes to get the education he was looking for.
Thanks a lot, you bland-looking but ever-so-devious man:
Chris and I both busted up laughing upon scrolling down to the picture.
ReplyDeletethis is a lovely post matthew. and it made me really glad that i didn't have to register for classes :)
ReplyDeleteoh. I like the tone of this post because I can sense your anger. Feed the Beast, my friend. Feed it.
ReplyDeleteis it horrible that i smiled while reading of your twenty-something angst?
ReplyDeleteseriously, though, byu is kind of ridiculous with their requirements sometimes. it drove me nuts sophomore year.
Dude, Matthew. That sucks. BYU = fail. :(
ReplyDelete